Do you believe stunning visual design can transform a product and really make it stand out from the crowd? Are you a whiz at creative illustration and animation? Do you get excited when you discover new, beautifully designed things and tell everyone about them (maybe even wishing you’d designed them)? Are you a stickler for good formatting, typography and brand identity (both on and offline)?
If the answer’s yes to all of those questions, and you’ve got the experience to back it up, you could be our new Graphic Designer!
Spacehive is the world’s first crowdfunding platform for civic projects and one of the UK’s fastest growing social start-ups. Our aim is to give citizens powerful tools to transform their civic environment.
Since our launch we’ve shown how thousands of people, companies and councils can crowdfund an eclectic mix of projects across the UK – from a free public WiFi network covering Mansfield, to a sculpture park in East London’s industrial hinterland, and a giant waterslide down a Bristol high street.
As we grow and our product develops with exciting new features and functionality, it’ll be your job to ensure all of these people have the best possible experience on our platform and that future Spacehivers find out about us, through striking marketing materials that echo our fun and lively brand.
- Produce stunning visual designs that bring our content and new product features to life
- Design marketing and campaign material, including video content
- Produce a wide range of visual elements that delight our users – from stunning icongraphy that helps them find their way around Spacehive to funky animated gifs that tell the world who we are and what we’re doing
- Constantly think of exciting, practical ways we can improve design and user experience
- Analyse website data and user feedback to constantly improve designs
- Work with our Product Manager to design & optimise user journeys across the product
- You will be an excellent graphic designer who can create stunning visual designs that offer a captivating user experience
- You will have a strong understanding of how users expect websites to work at different resolutions and be aware of the constraints and opportunities provided by different devices
- You’ll take Spacehive’s brand to the next level by producing a catalogue of impressive iconography, templates and other striking imagery that can be adopted for use on and offline
- You’ll be able to create interesting, engaging, clever visual content from scarce source material to support social media campaigns and the marketing team.
- A solid understanding of grid systems, typography, web and mobile interface trends
- Good understanding of HTML, XML, and CSS – ideally with some experience of producing html email templates.
- Fully conversant in the latest Adobe CC package of software – Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign.
- At least one year of commercial graphic/UI/visual design work experience and a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates this, ideally within a SaaS marketplace or for app development.
- You’ll need to have a natural curiosity and and be eager to get your teeth stuck into a variety of creative tasks
- You’ll have lots of creative ideas and won’t be shy about putting them forward, within (and building on) the framework of on our existing visual identity
- You’ll be happy to work both independently and collaboratively with our product and engineering teams, taking direction from our product manager when producing designs for new features
- We are a small but ambitious team who help each other out so you’ll need to be able to get along with us, be prepared to muck in and not get too stressed under pressure
- You relish the idea of being part of a plucky, venture-backed social start-up company with aggressive growth goals and a fantastically diverse mix of customers
By now, you’ll know if you’re this person or not. If you are, please apply. We’ve got exciting stuff for you to do!
Please send your CV to email@example.com, a paragraph explaining why you’d like to work for Spacehive, and a link to your portfolio.