Senior Software Developer – Spitalfields, London
Spacehive empowers people to shape their towns and cities by crowdfunding projects that make local places better – from hanging gardens on old railway lines, or bustling street markets, to a new bridge across the Thames.
Not only can people now efficiently and transparently fund change in their local area, we partner with the public and private sector to bring financial clout to our projects, opening up millions in funding from the likes of The Mayor of London, Tesco and Airbnb.
We’ve spent 5 years designing a model that works: mechanically, culturally, politically. During that time, 300 projects worth £6.8m have already been delivered and there are £21m more in the pipeline.
Now we’re ready to scale – nationally, then internationally. Our vision is to become the platform that people, businesses and government use to transform the fabric of communities, globally.
The role will be joining our growing development team.
After a period of updating the platform to be responsive and feature rich, we are now entering a phase of getting ready for scale as the company grows.
Due to project numbers which are quadrupling each year – and an ever increasing number of partnerships with companies and local authorities – more work is in the pipeline for the platform, and the development team is growing to meet the demand. We use KPIs to focus on driving progress in the company.
The platform is a mix between ASP.NET MVC and Angular/2 apps which talk to Web API.
- Taking the lead with technical ideas in the team.
- Taking part in estimation sessions and technical planning.
- Taking active interest in personal development technology.
Skills and requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of development experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- C# 6+ in Visual Studio 2015/7
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- Good HTML and CSS skills
- MVC Web API
- Entity Framework Code First
- T-SQL skills
- Dependency Injection (Ninject used here)
- Unit testing patterns and mocking frameworks
- Strong skills in OOP, i.e. abstract, interfaces, etc
- Bitbucket / Git knowledge
- Experience of Payment Systems
- Domain driven design
- Jira knowledge
- .NET Core
Terms and benefits:
- Competitive salary + share options
- 25 working days holiday
- Second Home Spitalfields membership with benefits that include members drinks, an incredible array of guest talks, yoga classes and more
Our business has an exciting social purpose at its heart – to democratise the way we transform places – and Spacehive staff are committed to realising it. We work hard but are also sociable, enjoying everything from lunches and evening drinks to hack days and trips to visit Spacehive projects.
Interested? Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.