Which crowdfunding platform has the highest success rate?

The results are in. The latest report from The Crowdfunding Centre looked at the data from leading crowdfunding platforms including average number of backers, average pledge size and the overall project success rate.

Where we stand apart from other crowdfunding platforms is that we focus exclusively on transforming places, spaces and communities. Always have been. Which means we know all there is to know about getting them funded – which you can see reflected in the stats below.

Platform Success Rate

For crowdfunding success rate, we lead the way at 52%, woo! This is significantly higher than other platforms where less than a third of projects hit their target, in fact only Kickstarter comes close at 31%.

Our stellar success rate can be attributed to a number of factors; people are more likely to support projects in their local communities that everyone can use; our all-or-nothing funding model motivates people to hit their set target; and we offer over £1.6 million in additional funding from our partners.

Platform Success Rate

Average Number of Backers

The average number of backers for Spacehive projects is 68 which comes in higher than every other crowdfunding platform bar Kickstarter. For local projects it’s important to get buy-in from the community to show the appetite for your project before getting larger funders on board.

Average Backers per Campaign

Average Pledge Size

On Spacehive 90% of project funds tend to come from 10% of the backers – which means that the small pledges from the other 90% of backers lay the foundation for your project. We have the highest average pledge amount at £187 which is due in large part to the more than £1.6 million funds available exclusively on Spacehive from our partners. That and public space projects tend to cost more…

Average Pledge Amount


Crowdfunding on Spacehive

Along with funds and the highest success rate, we also offer top-notch support to our project creators. Crowdfunding can be challenging but we’re here to support projects every step of they way.

Download our complete guide to crowdfunding here to learn all you need to know about planning a successful campaign and then sign up for one of our free workshops and webinars for expert advice and support.

Ready to transform your local area? Create a project with us today.

By |2019-01-02T15:59:41+00:00January 19th, 2017|Crowdfunding Tips|

About the Author:

From teaching in the Tanzanian mountains to the digital universe of Spacehive, Aaron has stopped off in a few places along the way. After receiving an MA in Publishing from Oxford Brookes University, she worked for big internationals including Oxford University Press and the International Labour Organization, small but interesting types including Pambazuka Press and Internet Retailing Magazine before heading up the award-winning eSeller.net. Looking for her next big adventure she joined Spacehive as their Content Marketing Manager. Here she works the words whether describing the awesome potential of a civic crowdfunded future or outlining the many dazzling features of our grant-making software. She gets to meet the project creators and share their stories as well as working with our partners to ensure they have the material they need to make impact. Outside of work she mentors with The Girls’ Network, solves mysteries and once made jam from the blackberries in her garden of which she is inordinately proud.