***THIS POSITION IS NOW FILLED. Thank you for your interest!***
From community hub renovations or city centre slip ‘n slides, to urban vegetable gardens and tiny art galleries inside an old phone box, Spacehive aims to empower people to create local places they love.
Our users, and their endlessly imaginative ideas, are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone receives the high quality, personable support they need to help them transform where they live.
We’re looking for an intern to join our team and support our valued users on their journey, as well as helping with other core tasks of running Spacehive.
We’re looking for someone who is hardworking, a fast-learner, and passionate about putting the power back in the community hands and in exchange you’ll get experience working on the front-line with communities across the country, learn the ins and outs of civic crowdfunding and discover what it’s like first-hand working for a start-up (hint: super exciting).
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support our project creators and backers through our platform
- Communicate warmly and effectively to our users on the phones, live chat, and email
- Deliver quality crowdfunding advice to a range of projects
- Help create content and monitor our social media channels
- Eager learner who will quickly absorb knowledge of crowdfunding and Spacehive
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, displaying empathy, politeness and patience
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Passionate about community empowerment and disruptive technology/innovation
- Driven and proactive
- Prepared to muck in and not get too stressed under pressure
What we offer
- Although the position is unpaid, expenses will be covered
- Ideally we’d like someone who can commit for at least 6 months but we can be flexible for the right person
- You’ll work at Second Home, Spitalfields, with benefits that include members drinks, an incredible array of guest talks, yoga classes and more
Our business has an exciting social purpose at its heart – to democratise the way we make places – and Spacehive staff are committed to realising it. We work hard but are also sociable, enjoying everything from lunches and evening drinks to hack days and trips to visit Spacehive projects.
Interested? Please send us your CV and a 1 minute video of yourself explaining why you’d like to work for Spacehive, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 26th May 2017.