Spacehive is a crowdfunding platform for projects that transform our shared public spaces. Our mission is to empower people to create and fund projects that make local places better.
Since our launch five years ago our product has facilitated an eclectic mix of projects across the UK, collaboratively funded by thousands of people, companies, and councils. Anything from a pop up water slide down Bristol’s biggest high street, to the restoration of a listed building in Manchester, or a sculpture walk through East London’s hinterland.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the User Support function and client services processes, and create a well oiled machine. People are at the heart of our business and we need to make sure that everyone receives efficient and valued responses. User support is critical to Spacehive’s mission, to ensure people who are coming up with ideas aimed at making our shared places better are given the guidance and advice needed to hit their targets.
If you have been in a fast paced disruptive technological company, enjoy fixing problems and feel like you have what it takes to implement the best customer service, then come and join us!
- You will be responsible for creating a User Support department and building up a team, which could successfully support scaling of the company
- Updating our User Support resources quarterly, including researching new crowdfunding advice to build on our resources
- You will be answering all enquiries, assigning enquiries to the relevant staff, and recording international enquiries
- You will help users with technical problems, and when necessary, log those bugs in JIRA.
- Liaising with the Head of Product on the most pressing product bugs and enquiries
- Working closely with the Partnerships department, who will deliver a more hands-on type of User Support for our partners and our partner’s projects, who have bought such support packages
- You will deliver comprehensive crowdfunding advice in a personable, automated, and organised fashion, primarily through Postmark email system, but you will also help Head of Product to think up new ways to integrate User Support into the product
- You will deliver basic support up to 100 projects at any one given time, helping project creators bring their idea to life quickly and easily, so will need to be an organised person who can build a project management system
- Able to write basic SQL and make minor database edits, such as name changes or account deletion
- You would like to work in a small (10+), hardworking, and fun social start-up team
- You are interested in Spacehive’s crowdfunding model as a solution to the depletion of council funding and lack of community ownership over civic design
- You are fluent with technology
- You are a problem-solver, who relishes a challenge and will come at it with out-of-the-box ideas
- You are quick, efficient, meticulous, and organised, able to manage many different small tasks
- You are polite and friendly, someone who could offer reassurance to a Spacehiver running a campaign for the first time
- We are a small but ambitious team who help each other out so you’ll need to be able to get along with us, be prepared to muck in and not get too stressed under pressure.
- You relish the idea of being part of a plucky, venture-backed social start-up company with aggressive growth goals and a fantastically diverse mix of customers.
- You are passionate about creating an A-list user support department that will help to enable greater civic enhancement
Interested? Drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply.