Spacehive is all about transforming spaces and places!
- Projects cannot be solely to fund courses, classes, or ongoing work.
- Projects cannot be solely for charitable fundraising.
- Projects must be in the U.K.
- Projects can be led by any type of organisation or individual.
A project on Spacehive must clearly show how it could impact a public space for the benefit of the community. This can be something that directly improves an area, such as painting a street mural or repurposing a disused building, something that can lead onto neighbourhood improvement, such as a feasibility study or planning consultation, or something temporary that brings people together such as organising a festival or event. The project can be either permanent or temporary, and funding can be sought for both revenue and capital costs.
Spacehive projects happen in shared spaces, which can be owned and managed either privately or publicly, but for the purpose of the project must be open and accessible to the community, and anyone else who wants to see it be used, or use it themselves.
Still unsure if your idea is one for Spacehive?
If you can answer yes to these questions then your idea is probably eligible for Spacehive.
- Does my idea transform a shared, or publicly accessible space in the UK, either temporarily or permanently?
- Am I crowdfunding for a project with a clear deliverable for my backers, as opposed to funding running costs of an organisation?
- Would my project help to enhance our shared lives and bring communities together?