Regular communication helps to build trust and keep people engaged. There are many ways you can communicate with your backers:
- Spacehive Update Tool; try to send an update every week or two with an image and maybe some social media post templates for them to copy, paste, and post.
- Email; you can access the names and email addresses of all your backers in the Your Crowd tab in your Dashboard if you wish to send out personal thank yous.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.); use post scheduling tools Buffer/Hootsuite to ensure a steady stream of posts, and Canva to make interesting accompanying graphics. Consider posting short 10-sec videos of your backers explaining why they’re supporting the project.
- Newsletters; use your own mailing lists as well as those of others to promote your campaign far and wide!
- Events; re-spark your audience’s excitement with wine and pizza at a 50% event. Getting everyone together in one room is very powerful and will catalyse another wave of pledges.
- Leaflets and posters; bright and colourful, help them to imagine what they’ll get if the campaign succeeds. Don’t forget to use your project link/URL!