Regular communication helps to build trust and keep people engaged. There are many ways you can communicate with your backers:
- Spacehive Update Tool; sends an email to your crowd and posts an update on the project page. Try to send an update every week or two with an image and maybe some social media post templates for them to copy, paste, and post.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.); use post scheduling tools Buffer/Hootsuite to ensure a steady stream of posts, and Canva to make interesting accompanying graphics. Consider posting short 10-sec videos of your backers explaining why they’re supporting the project.
- Newsletters; use your own mailing lists as well as those of others to promote your campaign far and wide!
- Events; re-spark your audience’s excitement with wine and pizza at a 50% event. Getting everyone together in one room is very powerful and will catalyse another wave of pledges.
- Leaflets and posters; bright and colourful, help them to imagine what they’ll get if the campaign succeeds. Don’t forget to use your project link/URL!