Match-funding available for Pocket Park projects

Got an idea for a green oasis you’d love to create in your area?

Great news: Spacehive and The Mayor of London have teamed up for the second round of the Pocket Parks Programme, which is being delivered by Groundwork London, to support ideas to turn unloved spaces into beautiful new pocket parks for Londoners to enjoy.

Pocket parks are small (less than 0.4 hectares) green areas of thriving public space in the middle of the city.

The partnership means that if your project is looking for £10k or less, you can crowdfund 20% of it with Spacehive and, if your project is selected, the Mayor will provide the remaining 80% of the funds you need! If your project value is between £10k and £20k, you will need to raise 50% via crowdfunding to get the remaining 50% from the Mayor (max project value: £20k). Great deal eh?

See how it works and check if you are eligible here. The application window runs from 20th January to 10th March 2014. 60 parks have received support so far and there are another 40 match-funding opportunities available. Make sure you grab yours!

Check out Spacehive’s Pocket Parks Hive where you can create your own project and browse other people’s. Bring your own pocket park to life, create a project now.

If you have any further questions on the match-funding scheme or need help, email info@spacehive.com.

Good luck – we’re looking forward to all your fantastic green ideas!

mayor of london logos

By |2019-01-02T16:00:12+00:00January 9th, 2014|Green spaces|

About the Author:

Chris is the Founder and CEO of Spacehive, the world’s first crowdfunding platform for civic projects. He is a former Sunday Times staff journalist who covered architecture and planning, as well as leading the paper’s London coverage. He launched Spacehive in 2012 as a social business to stimulate new sources funding and creativity for the civic environment. Since then the platform has helped to deliver a diverse mix of projects across the UK - from a new community centre in Wales to a giant waterslide in the middle of a Bristol high street. He has won awards for Spacehive from the Big Venture Challenge, Nesta, UnLtd, Deloitte and Downing Street.