Join Growing a Greener Britain and Our Manchester for “Growing a Greener Manchester” on the 26th of January. Find out more and book your free place here.
Improved health, happiness and house prices – whatever your motivation, the benefits of green space projects are many and varied. So whether you’re looking to reduce air pollution, encourage outdoor activities or improve the aesthetic of the local area – environmental projects, from community greenhouses and urban orchards to living walls and hanging gardens, can help.
And over at Spacehive we have a number of great funds on offer that could help bring your green space project ideas to life.
More than £150,000 in green space funds available
Better Communities, Growing a Greener Britain, Barclays Life Skills and Our Manchester are just four of our Spacehive partners supporting crowdfunding projects that help develop green spaces around the UK.
- Growing a Greener Britain wants you to come up with great ideas to make your local green space even better! Their fund is available to help you bring your idea to life and make Britain’s parks, gardens, and green spaces that much better. If your project is popular with the crowd and meets their criteria, you could get your hands on a pledge of up to £5,000.
- Better Communities is a new initiative from social enterprise GLL and supports projects which encourage local people to be active, learn and play together – this could include community gardens, outdoor sports facilities or children’s playgrounds. They’re offering pledges of up to £5,000 along with skills from their staff and stuff from their centres to projects that want to do the same.
- Barclays Life Skills is using Spacehive and crowdfunding to get young people running campaigns that develop skills such as marketing a project, writing press releases, creating videos, and pitching to local businesses. If your team includes young people between the ages of 16 and 24, you could earn a pledge of up to £500 to bring your green project to life.
- Our Manchester supports projects in the City of Manchester which have a focus on improving parks and green spaces and encouraging residents to be physically active outdoors. They’re offering pledges of up to £5,000 to projects that will improve Manchester’s existing green spaces and natural environments.
Check out these great green space projects who received support and funding from our partners before going on to successfully hit their targets!
- Tritton Vale Pocket Garden raised over £3,000 from 49 backers, including Better Communities, to transform a neglected strip of land into a beautiful garden for the whole community to enjoy.
- The Islington Gro-mobile raised over £15,000 from 78 backers, including Barclays Life Skills and Growing a Greener Britain, to turn an old mil float into a mobile potting shed and nature classroom.
- Heroes Wood raised over £51,000 from 87 backers, including Our Manchester, to create a WWI centenary woodland.
- Abundance at Edible York raised over £4,000 from 84 backers, including Growing a Greener Britain, to pick surplus fruit in York and distribute to local people with the greatest need.
Discover more exciting green space projects here.
Training and support
Crowdfunding can be challenging but we’re here to support you every step of they way. Download our complete guide to crowdfunding here to start planning your campaign and then sign up for one of our free workshops and webinars for expert advice and support.
On the 26th of January, we’ll be in Manchester for “Growing a Greener Manchester” along with Our Manchester and Growing a Greener Britain. Find out more about the event and sign up for free here.