Spacehive is the world’s first crowdfunding platform for civic projects and one of the UK’s fastest growing social start-ups. Our aim is to give citizens powerful tools to transform their civic environment.
Since our launch, in 2012, we’ve shown how thousands of people, companies and councils can crowdfund an eclectic mix of projects across the UK – from a free public WiFi network covering Mansfield, to a sculpture park in East London’s industrial hinterland, and a giant water slide down a Bristol high street.
We are working with great clients, from GLA, GLL, Mayor of London, Hull to most recently BT in which we are helping them deliver faster broadband across the UK.
With our SaaS model about to be implemented and likewise, to grow Spacehive International in 2017, we are looking for a strong Business Development Manager to come on board and help drive our current pipeline, but also bring in new business across the country.
- Proactively generate new opportunities through various means – events, own networks, partners, cold contacting, etc
- Follow up with new business opportunities and pitch to prospective partners
- Develop and produce proposals to prospective partners based on research, meetings and conversations
- Work with Account Delivery team to agree deliverable services
- Generate revenue for company in line with company-wide and personal targets
- Continually track and progress opportunities with rest of business development team
- Represent the company at various events and meetings to raise the profile of our work
- Conduct market research to develop understanding of existing market-fit and new opportunities
- Keep abreast of all upcoming product development work
- Continually build personal network
Nice to haves
- Experience of working with local authorities
- Contacts in property, housing, funding bodies or local government
- Ability to create high level sales content – e.g brochures
- Ability to run wide-ranging stakeholder workshop sessions
We are a small but ambitious team who help each other out so you’ll need to be able to get along with us, be prepared to muck in and not get too stressed under pressure.
You relish the idea of being part of a plucky, venture-backed social start-up company with aggressive growth goals and a fantastically diverse mix of customers.
Interested? Drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply.