Account Executive – Spitalfields, London
Spacehive empowers people to shape their towns and cities by crowdfunding projects that make local places better – from hanging gardens on old railway lines, or bustling street markets, to a new bridge across the Thames.
Not only can people now efficiently and transparently fund change in their local area, we partner with the public and private sector to bring financial clout to our projects, opening up millions in funding from the likes of The Mayor of London, Tesco and Airbnb.
We’ve spent 5 years designing a model that works: mechanically, culturally, politically. During that time, 300 projects worth £6.8m have already been delivered and there are £21m more in the pipeline.
Now we’re ready to scale – nationally, then internationally. Our vision is to become the platform that people, businesses and government use to transform the fabric of communities, globally.
We have a fast-growing ecosystem of partners – from city councils to foundations and brands – who we support on their journey to embracing civic crowdfunding.
Your role as Account Executive is to own responsibility for delivering the programmes of support we provide – which include a combination of consultancy, marketing, community engagement, and dedicated software – and managing the client relationships.
As the second member of the partnership delivery team, you will be immediately entrusted with high profile initiatives that affect thousands of people. This is a role with huge career development potential.
We are open minded on your background. You may be a battle-hardened community organiser that works closely with councils and foundations to make impressive things happen. Or you might have previously worked for a foundation or brand to deliver an ambitious programme that empowered communities.
You will have to persuade us that:
- You are a dynamic operator that knows how to get things done in the complex civic space.
- You will command the confidence of partner companies, councils, and foundations, as well as local changemakers: you need to be as comfortable running a planning session in a corporate board room as delivering a workshop on an estate to inspire young people.
- You believe our mission is important and urgent and will be an articulate, persuasive champion for it.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Operate as the lead point of contact for assigned partner accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting partner relationships
- Ensure the timely delivery of all aspects of the partnership agreement, involving marketing and project support colleagues when required
- Provide strategic guidance and advice to partners
- Run workshops and make presentations at partner events
- Assist in building up a rich eco-system of partner organisations
- Ensure expected value is delivered and partnerships are renewed annually
- Co-design programmes which help transition partners and communities into this space
- Optimise processes and constantly identify areas where we can enhance our partner experience
Terms and benefits
- Salary: £30,00 – £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 working days holiday
- Second Home Spitalfields membership with benefits that include members drinks, an incredible array of guest talks, yoga classes and more
Our business has an exciting social purpose at its heart – to democratise the way we make places – and Spacehive staff are committed to realising it. We work hard but are also sociable, enjoying everything from lunches and evening drinks to hack days and trips to visit Spacehive projects.
Interested? Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th June 2017.